Monday, June 22, 2009
Outdoor Gourmets!
Well I brought Sarah and Hannah up to Girl Scout Camp on Sunday. On our way up we had a hitch hiker, one of those yucky watermelon looking bugs we use to dread at Sky Y Camp. I found that kind of funny, the girls just thought it was gross. As we drew nearer to Idaho we had the pleasure of seeing a female deer, as it shot out of the forest in front of the car and then off to the other side of the road. There was plenty of room between us and the deer, but to hear the girls tell it the deer barely escaped with her life! They were both very excited about camp, they are going to be learning and practicing many different outdoor cooking methods. So Kyle next time your in town, bring the dutch oven, I am sure Hannah will have some recipes she'll want to try. I didn't pack extra batteries so there are not many pictures, but both of the girls have cameras so hopefully they will get some good ones. It was beautiful, and very quite up there. The camp is on the lake, and there are many different types of sleeping quarters. Sarah was hoping for the tee-pee's but they ended up in the Chalet's, which I think are very cute. Hannah was a bit nervous when I left, so if you have a moment please say a little pray of comfort for her, I would appreciate it.


